Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from the inside of a Cascadian Farms Organic Winter Sqaush box. It was delicious; I had it for a guilt-free dessert.
- 283.49 g organic winter squash (you can use frozen, I did, or fresh)
- 29.58 ml fresh orange juice
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml butter (optional)
- 59.14 ml sun-dried cranberries (if using, decrease lemon juice to 1/4 lemon)
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Warm frozen squash according to package instructions, or heat and mash fresh squash so it's a smooth consistency.
- Combine warm squash and remaining ingredients except for brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour into an ovenproof casserole dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the surface is bubbly.
- Let sit for about 5-7 minutes before serving.