Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious bar with a buttery crust that melts in your mouth and a sweet nutty topping similar to pecan pie. I have decreased the amount of liquid in the recipe since the first review.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped or 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour and 2 tbsp brown sugar; cut in butter until coarse crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased 9x9 or 11x7 bar pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs with 1/2 cup brown sugar, add the nuts, syrup, melted butter and vanilla. Pour over the crust.
- Return to the oven for 25 more minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly before cutting into bars.
These are pretty good but needed more time to set, the filling was not cooked enough after 25 minutes, with the extra cooking time the crust got a wee bit overdone, the taste was really good, I might consider baking the crust for only about 8 minutes next time, thanks Kaarin!...Kitten:)