Recipe by Kaarin
A delicious bar with a buttery crust that melts in your mouth and a sweet nutty topping similar to pecan pie. I have decreased the amount of liquid in the recipe since the first review.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are pretty good but needed more time to set, the filling was not cooked enough after 25 minutes, with the extra cooking time the crust got a wee bit overdone, the taste was really good, I might consider baking the crust for only about 8 minutes next time, thanks Kaarin!...Kitten:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped or 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and 2 tbsp brown sugar; cut in butter until coarse crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased 9x9 or 11x7 bar pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs with 1/2 cup brown sugar, add the nuts, syrup, melted butter and vanilla. Pour over the crust.
- Return to the oven for 25 more minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly before cutting into bars.