Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe for package nut bread mix to step it up and make it special.
- 16 ounces nut quick bread mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavor syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Using solid shortening, grease and flour the bottom only of a 9 X 5- inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, blend loaf ingredients, stir 50 to 75 strokes until dry particles are moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan.
- In a saucepan, combine glaze ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionalloy, until thickened.
- Brush glaze on the warm loaf.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
- Makes 1 loaf.