Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
It took a little getting used to having the cloves etc. floating in the mug but it is well worth it. This is a great drink for a relaxing evening.
- 3 slice fresh ginger, thin
- 17.25 ml real maple syrup
- 8 whole cloves
- 0.25 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- cinnamon stick
- 1 slice lemon
- Combine all ingredients except lemon slice in a coffee mug.
- Fill mug with boiling water.
- Dip lemon slice in a few times but do not leave in mug.
- Let steep for about 5 minutes.
Wow was this good. My favorite tea from Zaar so far. What flavor. It was amazing. All the flavors blended beautifully together creating a tasty tasty tea, that is mother-in-law worthy. I especially loved the use of the maple syrup to sweeten. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I will be making this one often.
I really enjoyed this tea! I simmered the ginger and cloves in water for about 10 minutes, then poured into my mug and added the cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon slice. I also added about a tsp. of lemon juice. Thanks for a healthy, delicious tea! Made for the My Three Chefs event.