Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this off a turkey website. It went with a bourbon glazed turkey breast and a sweet mustard. This was the best part of the meal and it kept really well.
- 6 large granny smith apples, cored and finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 cup maple syrup, the real stuff
- Toss ingredients together and chill for at least 8 hours before serving.
I forgot to buy Granny Smith and ended up using an 'Empire' apple
from the local apple orchard. The whiskey was stirred into the maple syrup
and I only used a very small amount of it. I didn't stir the ingredients together
either. The second time the apple mixture was spooned over Nancy's plain yogurt and that
was a delicious combination. Reviewed for Photo Tag/Fall.