Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have been making this recipe since I was nine years old. I got this off the back of a onion soup mix box. I actually still have the original cardboard copy in my files. This is one of the first things I teach my kids to make for supper as it is so easy. Serve with whipped potatoes and green peas.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 7 1⁄2 ounces tomato sauce or 7 1⁄2 ounces ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- Save 1/2 c of the tomato sauce to glaze the meatloaf with later.
- Mix everything else together.
- Pack into a loaf pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over loaf.
- Bake at 350' for 1 1/2 hours.