- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb jumbo mushroom cap, stems removed
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with sherry and garlic over medium flame in heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are lightly browned and butter is sizzling.
- Add whipping cream and stir to coat mushrooms.
- Turn up the flame and boil hard until sauce thickens.
- Look for bubbles over the entire surface of the pan to achieve the consistency of a thin custard.
- Scoop mushrooms into pretty serving dish and cover with sauce.