Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe was found on foodmaven.com. Recipe author suggests using 85% lean ground beef, anything leaner and the meatballs will dry out and crumble. Choose a long and skiiiny baguette.
- 2 French bread, baguettes (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 5 -6 scallions, white and light green parts only
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and set a rack on the middle level.
- Slice off and discard the heels of the baguettes and cut them into 36 slices about 1/2 inch thick. Lay the slices side by side on a baking sheet, or two if necessary.
- Mix together the meat, soy sauce, brown sugar and scallions in a large bowl with your hands. Knead thoroughly until you have a fine paste. Make 36 small meatballs about the size of a walnut. Put one in the middle of each bread slice, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until the meatballs and bread have become one.