Recipe by Trixyinaz
Want a real crepe for your manicotti? So easy and so good you will never buy the store bought pasta crepes again! 1/2/08: Recipe edited to change the yield to 15-20 crepes.
Top Review by kwlabear
Loved the taste but I only ended up with half the amount the recipe said it would make. It could have been my pan, though. I don't have a crepe pan per se. I just used a small skillet. I filled them with the cheese manicotti filling from the joy of cooking cookbook. 1 batch I put spaghetti sauce on and the other I drizzled with olive oil (for the picky eater).
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup in small frying pan (DO NOT ADD OIL, BUTTER OR PAM TO THE FRYING PAN) and tip pan until mixture is evenly spread or use back of spoon and spread.
- Crepe should be as thin as possible.
- When edges get dry and turn upward, flip crepe over and fry other side until lightly browned (1 minute). Fill each crepe with your favorite manicotti filling.