Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Want a real crepe for your manicotti? So easy and so good you will never buy the store bought pasta crepes again! 1/2/08: Recipe edited to change the yield to 15-20 crepes.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- parsley, chopped
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup in small frying pan (DO NOT ADD OIL, BUTTER OR PAM TO THE FRYING PAN) and tip pan until mixture is evenly spread or use back of spoon and spread.
- Crepe should be as thin as possible.
- When edges get dry and turn upward, flip crepe over and fry other side until lightly browned (1 minute). Fill each crepe with your favorite manicotti filling.
Loved the taste but I only ended up with half the amount the recipe said it would make. It could have been my pan, though. I don't have a crepe pan per se. I just used a small skillet. I filled them with the cheese manicotti filling from the joy of cooking cookbook. 1 batch I put spaghetti sauce on and the other I drizzled with olive oil (for the picky eater).
I used olive oil vice butter, did not let them brown, just cooked enough to handle. I tasted a small batch and enjoyed the flavor. They will compliment my filling and sauce nicely. Thank you
These are easy to make and delicious with manicotti. My first one stuck to the pan and I had to scrape it off, but I remembered from making them previously to put a small amount of butter in the pan for the first one only and that solved that. I think I only got about 14 crepes, I'm not sure if I was making them too small but next time I would double the recipe.