Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this creamy mango protein shake recipe! It is so easy to make and perfect for a healthy breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack. The health benefits of mangoes also make this an attractive breakfast option. Mangoes are rich in fat-soluble antioxidants called carotenoids, which are beneficial for individuals with angina, high cholesterol, heart disease and acne. This low-sodium smoothie is also a wonderful source of vitamin C and potassium. Enjoy! Try to use organic ingredients if possible for the best taste and a healthier smoothie.
- 1 cup frozen mangoes or 1 cup fresh mango, cubes
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fruit juice, of your choice (I use mango-peach or white grape juice, orange juice is very good as well)
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- Add ingredients to blender or food processor and pulse until you reach a desired consistency.
- For a thicker smoothie add a couple ice cubes.
Talk about a guilt free smoothie. I love how it's sweet but not too sweet and the thickness is awesome! Will be adding this to my diet!!
Nom! I used two scoops (one serving) of protein powder, ground flax seed instead of wheat germ as MA HIKER suggested, and mango nectar. Didn't need to add any extra liquid to make up for the flax seed. This was very tasty. I used room-temp fruit, and I'm going to try it with cold fruit next time.
Made this for my toddler DD using vanilla toddler drink mix, it was a littlew thick for her so I added a bit more juice, she let me have a try & alsmost drank the whole lot. Thanks for posting!