Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great recipe from Pampered Chef
Make and share this Mandarin Orange Upside Down Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges
- 12 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly brush muffin tins with melted butter; reserve remaining butter.
- In a small bowl combine remaining butter and brown sugar; divinde mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- Drain mandarin oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Place 1 cherry in bottom of each muffin cup; arrange 3-4 orange segments around each cherry.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg and reserved juice; mis until smooth. Divide batter evenly among cups.
- Bake 25-30 min until golden brown. Immediately loosen cakes from sides of muffin cups.
Not only are tese terific. They are as pretty to look at. Loved them and so did family.