- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 4 slices bacon, uncooked
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup beer (your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, combine uncooked bacon, and garlic, egg yolk, salt and pepper. Pulse 3 times for about 3 seconds each time to get bacon into small pieces, but not finely ground.
- Add green onions, and pulse twice for 3 seconds each time.
- Scrape into a large mixing bowl.
- Add beer, stir to combine.
- Using your hands, crumble the chuck gently over the mixture, then carefully fold the beef in, being careful to not squish it or process it too much.
- Form into patties 1/2 inch thick, and slightly depress the centers so they are thinner than the edges. This will ensure your burgers not only cook evenly, but don't shrink too much or become thicker in the middle.
- Grill, fry, or broil to desired doneness.