Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is the recipe that my Dear Mother In Law cooks for all occasions. When we see her coming with that special container we all rush to make sure that we are the first to get to her.
Top Review by Chabear01
I made these up with the cheese straw disc as per Jellies instructions and they turned out to be very thin, very crispy crackerish cookies. After talking with Jelly I will be using the Star disc next time to make them just a tad thicker. Other than that slight adjustment these are absolutely delicious little treats that I'll put $$$ on that you can't pass up eating the entire batch before company arrives. Thank you Audrey, and thank you to your dear MIL for sharing this wonderfully easy and delicious recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Event
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour with soda and cream of tartar.
- Put into a cookie press using the cheese straw disk.
- Press out onto cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven that has been preheated to 350 F.
- Bake for 10 minutes.