Recipe by stacypplus3
This is an easy quick chicken recipe that fairly low cost and the young kids can join in the preparation of this dish. You'll be amazed at how much more they will eat when they helped make it. My son has ADHD so I it's hard to keep him focused in the kitchen while cooking. The prep on this is so minimal, even he had no problem with it.
Top Review by NELady
I'm going to post my review without leaving stars because I'm not sure I followed the recipe correctly: I couldn't figure out where to use the flour listed in the ingredients, so I dusted the chicken with the flour prior to dipping the chicken into the egg. I had to use two eggs instead of one egg for all four pieces of chicken.<br/><br/>The onion crumble made a decent "breading", but it started to burn on a couple of my chicken breasts after 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Luckily, I used thin-sliced chicken cutlets, so my chicken was cooked all the way through. It might have been trickier had I been using a thicker breast.<br/><br/>The end result was crunchy and good; both my husband and I thought it was bland. If I make this again (it's easy and a good way to use up the end of a can of fried onions), I will season the flour (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc) to jazz up the chicken just a little bit.
- 2 cups french's original French-fried onions (you can sub for and flavor your family fancies)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten in a dish large enough to dip one chicken breast into
- wax paper
- baking sheet
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the French's Onions in a quart size plastic bag and crunch. (This is the fun part for the kids. Just make sure the bag is sealed and all the air is out. Otherwise you're in for a big mess).
- Transfer crushed up French's Onions onto wax paper.
- Dip one chicken breast into beaten egg.
- Take chicken breast from egg to the wax paper with the French's Onion.
- and coat evenly with the crumbs (press firmly so the onion crumbs stick into the chicken).
- After completely coating the chicken, move the chicken to the baking sheet.
- Repeat for the other three (3) pieces of chicken.
- After all the chicken is covered with French's and on the baking sheet, place in the oven for 20 minutes.