Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is such a delicious, eash, and homely dish. My mama's signature dish. I just jotted down the ingredients last week when I stayed with the folks. She told me it's absurd to write down such a simple recipe, but I konw I must share this dish with the 'zaar fans!
- 10 small red potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, peeled, sliced
- 7 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock or 1⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- preheat oven 400F degrees.
- Divide all veggie in 2 equal parts.
- in a sprayed casserole, line the dish with alternate slice of half the veggie.
- sprinkel with half the cheese nad basil.
- drizzle generous amount of olive oil.
- repeat one more layer, ending with cheese and herbs.
- pour stock over.
- bake for 40-45 at 400F degrees.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable stock.
How dare you call something this delicious absurd!!!! I made this for dinner last night, just added a little mozzerella cheese to the Parmesan and a dusting of paprika. I'm going to make this again and again, but next time I'll double the recipe! Thanks for a new family favorite!
Marvelous veggies!! I cut the recipe in half with no problem, and added 2 T more parmesan, love that stuff! Added a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes and 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese to the top. Baked for 40 minutes. Wonderful!!
Elizabeth, this was definately not absurd, it was wonderful!! Cut it back for the two of us and it turned out great, very very tastey and went really well with Bergy's mustard chicken. didn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing, one we will do again and again.