Recipe by Izzy Knight
This is such a delicious, eash, and homely dish. My mama's signature dish. I just jotted down the ingredients last week when I stayed with the folks. She told me it's absurd to write down such a simple recipe, but I konw I must share this dish with the 'zaar fans!
Top Review by Mirj
How dare you call something this delicious absurd!!!! I made this for dinner last night, just added a little mozzerella cheese to the Parmesan and a dusting of paprika. I'm going to make this again and again, but next time I'll double the recipe! Thanks for a new family favorite!
- 10 small red potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, peeled, sliced
- 7 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock or 1⁄3 cup vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven 400F degrees.
- Divide all veggie in 2 equal parts.
- in a sprayed casserole, line the dish with alternate slice of half the veggie.
- sprinkel with half the cheese nad basil.
- drizzle generous amount of olive oil.
- repeat one more layer, ending with cheese and herbs.
- pour stock over.
- bake for 40-45 at 400F degrees.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable stock.