Mama Zuquinis Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
- Heat oil in a 10" skillet over medium heat. Add guanciale and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 6–8 minutes.
- Add pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 2 minutes more.
- Transfer guanciale mixture to a large bowl and let cool slightly; stir in 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese and egg and yolks and stir to combine; set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a 6-qt pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta; cook until al dente, 8–10 minutes.
- Reserve 3⁄4 cup water; drain pasta and transfer it to guanciale mixture.
- Toss, adding pasta water a little at a time to make a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper; serve with remaining Parmesan.