Recipe is from Midwest Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup instant malted milk powder
Malt Shop Frosting
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix, mix
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup instant malted milk powder
- 2/3 cup chopped malted milk balls
- 1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping, warmed just to pouring consistency
- 18 -20 maraschino cherries, with stems drained and patted dry
- 1Line twenty 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, the water, oil, eggs and the 1/4 cup malted milk powder with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more.
- 3Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling cups two-thirds full with batter.
- 4Bake in a 350 degrees oven about 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 5For Malt Shop Frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat together the pudding mixes, whipping cream and the 1 cup malted milk powder with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- 6Pipe or spread frosting over cupcakes. Sprinkle each with chopped malted milk balls, drizzle with fudge topping and top with a cherry. Store chilled in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malt Shop Special Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.6
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 484.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
malted milk balls