Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In my college gourmet class, we did a unit on cooking with alcohol. The assignment was to come up with a recipe using our choice of booze - anything goes. I couldn't decide between Malibu Rum and 99 Bananas, so my recipe will work for both. When using 99 Bananas, just keep the measurements the same and sub in banana cream pudding for the coconut. So easy, So moist, and makes a pretty presentation. (Thanks to my Aunt Dorothy who's orange juice cake was an inspiration.)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a bundt pan with spray and powdered sugar (won't leave white flour on your pretty cake!).
- Beat together the cake ingredients for two minute Bake for approximately 45 min or a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, melt the butter with the sugar in a saucepan until it boils. Remove from heat and stir in the rum. Cool slightly.
- Using a chopstick or the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake. Drizzle the glaze over the cake while in the pan. Reserve 1/3 of the glaze.
- Cool a bit longer; invert to the cake plate and drizzle on remaining glaze.
- When serving, make a bed of coconut. Place the cake slice on top.