Recipe by crazy cook
this curry is not too spicy it is a excellent sidedish for rotis, nans,pratas,rice varieties i came across this in a cookery show my family is crazy about this curry
Top Review by Marysdottir
Very good. Before dinner I thought it had a bitterness about it but once paired with rice, naan or whatever it lost that and was quite delicious. Thanks so much. Everyone liked it.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3⁄4 inch cinnamon (2 cm)
- 5 cloves
- 5 cardamoms
- 3⁄4 inch ginger (2 cm)
- 40 g grated coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 15 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 green chilies, slit lenghtwise
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 3 cups thin coconut milk
- 250 g potatoes, peeled quartered
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the ingredients starting from coriander powder to water to a smooth paste.
- heat the oil& ghee in a wok add the mustard seeds fry till the seeds splutter.
- add sliced shallots, garlic,slit green chillies& curry leaves.
- saute till shallot is soft.
- now add the blended paste, fry over low heat till oil separates.
- add thin coconut milk& the cut potatoes.
- boil till potatoes are cooked.
- add the hard boiled eggs& thick coconut milk.
- bring to boil stirring constantly.
- remove from heat.
- serve hot.