Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These look so elegant - and much easier to prepare than the appear! Like twice baked potatoes, but in finger food size...
- 12 small red potatoes (approximately 1 1/2-2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (use Duke's if you can get it!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Heat oven to 400.
- Scrub and dry the potatoes. Rub them with olive oil. Place on ungreased baking sheet (use parchment paper for fast clean up) and bake 45 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the bacon (either skillet, oven, or microwave) until crispy - crumble and set aside to cool.
- Cut each potato in half. Cut a small slice from the bottom of each half, if necessary to allow the potato to stand up on the plate.
- Using a small spoon or small melon baller, scoop out the potato pulp - leaving 1/4". Place the potato pulp in a bowl, Add the mayonnaise and remaining four ingredients. Stir well.
- Place potato pulp mixture in a Ziploc bag, snip the corner, and fill each potato shell.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve, broil the potatoes 5 inches from heat - cook 3-5 minutes until warm and lightly browned. Serve warm.