Recipe by Chef jen_hart
Luscious, dark, and chocolaty, this cake is one of my family, friends and my favorite desserts!
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly coat a 9”x13” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put 1 2/3c water, cocoa and coffee in a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil, stirring with a whisk until well-blended. Let cool.
- Beat butter, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed until well-blended.
- Add eggs; beat until fluffy.
- On low speed, beat in cocoa mixture, then the flour until just blended.
- Pour into pan. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack; cool completely.