Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I cut this recipe out of a magazine more than a dozen yers ago and finally decided to post it here so I don't lose it. The restaurant 'Mad Apples' is sadly no longer in business and if the rest of their food was as good as this simple dish it is a great loss. Please note: This is NOT diet fare :) Oh, and the recipe is posted exactly as written in the magazine. I like to add very thinly sliced onion to the mix.
- 8-10 medium potatoes (I like to use Yukon Gold)
- 354.88-473.18 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 0.25 ml of grated nutmeg
- 1. Wash and peel potatoes and slice in to 1/4" thick rounds. Place in a lightly oiled 9 x 12 baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl combine cream with cheese, garlic pwd, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth and pour over potatoes blending until the poatoes are coated with the mixture.
- 3. Bake in a 400 degree oven until tender - 45 minutes to 1 hour. If less crisp potatoes are desired cover with foil after the first 30 minutes.
So yummy! I thought we would miss the cheddar since we usually add it to scalloped potatoes, but this was great with the parm. Only change I made was to sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on the top during the last few minutes of baking; I LOVE the smell and taste of toasted parmesan cheese. Made for I Recommend Tag.
Delicious scalloped potatoes! So glad that I didn't have company over so DH and I could have them all to ourselves. These potatoes are a great addition to any meat dish -- I served them with salisbury steak and mushroom gravy. What a wonderful pair; however, these potatoes are definitely delicious on their own. Love the addition of the parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Made for ZWT-8-Zingo.
Yummylicious! I made these as directed and did not use the foil. Simple and tasty. Thanks K9 for a great keeper. Made for ZWT8 - Zingo.