Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
According to history, this was one of Casanova's favorite dishes. I have made this without the truffles, but I bet it's even better with them... A good Valentine's dish. From Italian Cooking & Living, March 2002.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 226.79 g Italian sausage, removed from casing, and crumbled
- 113.39 g portabella mushroom, sliced
- 113.39 g shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 149.68 g porcini mushroom, sliced
- 118.29 ml beef stock
- 118.29 ml freshly grated grana padano (can sub parmesan-reggiano)
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g rigatoni pasta
- 4.92 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 14.17 g black truffle, shaved
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and allow to brown, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Add all of the mushrooms and saute for 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with the beef stock, and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the grana and season with the salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until aldente in salted water.
- Toss with the sauce, and top with shaved truffle and additional shaved cheese.