According to history, this was one of Casanova's favorite dishes. I have made this without the truffles, but I bet it's even better with them... A good Valentine's dish. From Italian Cooking & Living, March 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 226.79 g Italian sausage, removed from casing, and crumbled
- 113.39 g portabella mushroom, sliced
- 113.39 g shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 149.68 g porcini mushroom, sliced
- 118.29 ml beef stock
- 118.29 ml freshly grated grana padano (can sub parmesan-reggiano)
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g rigatoni pasta
- 4.92 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 14.17 g black truffle, shaved
- 1Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add sausage and allow to brown, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add all of the mushrooms and saute for 1 minute.
- 4Deglaze pan with the beef stock, and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the grana and season with the salt and pepper.
- 6Meanwhile, cook pasta until aldente in salted water.
- 7Toss with the sauce, and top with shaved truffle and additional shaved cheese.
Nutritional Facts for Maccheroni Casanova
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.3
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 551.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: