Recipe by HokiesMom
Found on Sailu's Kitchen blog...where she states she is keeping Indian dishes alive in the US. A very kid friendly dish.
- 3 cups macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 bunch spinach, blanched, drained and chopped fine
- 3 -4 tablespoons cheese, grated (your choice of cheese flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pan of water and 1 tbs olive oil to boil and cook macaroni while still rapidly boiling and cook until al-dente, drain completely.
- Place macaroni in a large serving bowl and sprinkle with another tbsp of olive oil and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a saucepan, add garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add flour and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk and go on combining till it forms a creamy consistency.
- Add spinach, 2 tbs grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste and mix. Turn off heat.
- Pour cream mixture over macaroni and mix together well. Garnish with 1-2 tbs of grated cheese before serving.