Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is delicious poured over salads, meats etc and can be stored in a fridge for two weeks (approx). Posted in response to a request.
- 1 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Blend or process basil, macadamias, garlic, vinegar and cheese until well combined.
- With motor operating, gradually pour in oil to give a thick, smooth consistency.
Tish, I have been making pesto for years, but this is way and above the best I have ever tasted. I loved the macademia nuts in place of pine nuts (actually, I was a little short of macademias and threw in some brazil nuts as well), and the balsamic vinegar added a tasty zing. We ate it over pasta. Store two weeks in the fridge?? Not much chance of that here - I doubled the recipe and it was all polished off within an hour of making it! Thanks for a great recipe.
Excellent and so easy! My only suggestion is to double the recipe as it will be gone in no time! THANKS!