Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from All You magazine. Quick and easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pulse nuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Combine nuts with bread crumbs in a large shallow dish; season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat eggs and pour into another shallow dish.
- Place chicken between two sheets of waxed or parchment paper and pound into 1/4 inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Warm 2 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dip chicken into egg mixture then dredge in bread crumbs. Cook unitl brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Wipe out skillet; reduce heat to low. Add jam and fruit juices,cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens, 3-5 minutes.