Top Review by sconehead
Just made this for dinner tonight! We just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii and I brought back 5 lbs of macadamia nuts and wanted something to use them for! I had chicken quarters that I had taken out of the freezer, so I used them instead of chicken breasts. I also skipped the frying and baked them. They were VERY tasty!! My 12 year old daughter ate every bit of hers! A keeper! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 2 cups quick rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oatmeal in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Place macadamia nuts in food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not stuck together.
- Add nuts to oatmeal and mix well.
- Add flour, thyme, and Parmesan to mixture, mix until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken breasts in butter, then dredge breasts in oatmeal mixture until breasts are well-coated.
- In large skillet heat canola oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken in and fry, turning once until crispy and brown, about 4 minutes on each side or just brown and bake in 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.