Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 16 bars.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 3⁄4 cup solid butter flavor shortening (Crisco)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, nuts and then white chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- MACADAMIA NUT BLONDIES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup solid butter-flavored shortening (Crisco), 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- BLONDIES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, blend the shortening, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed; do not overstir.
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into 16 squares.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders. These were good, but I felt they had a little too much shortening in them for the amount of flour. You definitely need to let them cool before you attempt to eat them ~ they hold together much better. Thanks Mom2Rose!
These are great! I made these blondies for a work party and not a singe one was left.