Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home magazine, Aug/Sept. 2010.
- 1 (14 ounce) packagedeluxe macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 1⁄2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- Set aside cheese sauce packet from macaroni and cheese mix. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add broccoli and onion; cook, uncovered for 3 minutes. Stir in the soup, milk, ham and contents of cheese sauce packet; heat through. Drain macaroni and stir into soup.
I made this recipe for the " 123 Hits~ February 2012 " Event in the Cooking Tag Games Forum,and most importantly mine and my SO's dinner. :) There were a few changes made to the recipe that I don't think affected the recipe at all. First, I used the full nine cups of water to cook the pasta. When the pasta was almost done I added about 1 1/2 cups of chopped broccoli I had in the freezer,along with that I added the onions. When the broccoli was heated through everything was drained and I continued with the rest of the recipe as it was written.Since I had a bit of extra shredded cheese, it was added to the soup ( I love cheese :) ). The only other thing that was added was a bit of Salt & Pepper. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Made the whole batch of this soup, because, although it was way more than the 2 of us needed, it was shared with a neighbor couple who love mac & cheese almost any way they can get it! At first I wasn't too keen about using a mac & cheese mix, but the ham, broccoli & other ingredients really jazzed it up nicely! Great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]