Recipe by Nyteglori
This recipe makes a hearty filling pancake that is full of nutrition. You can used the flavored malt-o-meal instead but you may want to omit or cut back on the molasses and cinnamon. Optionally you can add fruit and or nuts to these.
Top Review by loof
Great pancakes! Loved the flavor and texture the Malt-O-Meal gave (I used the regular flavor). I used half of the optional cinnamon and molasses amounts and loved the rich hearty flavor they gave. Really enjoyed these - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup Malt-o-Meal original hot cereal, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered dry milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup molasses (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and liquid ingredients in separate bowls.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture, stirring until combined. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot non-stick griddle. Cook until tops are bubbly and edges look dry. Turn and cook until lightly browned.