Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Off of the M&M bag - I like mine without the M&M's or nuts.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add in flour and soda - it makes a thick dough.
- Stir in nuts and M&Ms if desired.
- Spread in a 13x9 and bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes When making them for others, I reserve 1/3 cup of the M&Ms to sprinkle on top before baking.
These bars got rave reviews from everyone who tried one. They are great! I didn't include the walnuts but otherwise made it the way it is stated. Great recipe.
Thank you so much for posting this! I too have made these from the recipe off of the bag, but for some reason I can't find the M&M baking bits in the grocery store anymore. I bought some M&M minis and wanted to make these, but I was so worried I wouldn't find the recipe! These are FANTASTIC. I have taken these to many potlucks, and it is overwhelming how long people seem to go on and on about how great they are. Most people, I've found, would rather have these than regular ol' chocolate chip cookies any day! I have found that by cooking on the shorter end of the cooking time, they seem to turn out more gooey and yummy. :) Thanks again, Japan bound!!!
I followed the directions and I was VERY pleased with the final product. These are very delicious! Two thumbs up from my household.