Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This may not be the official drink of Barbados but it is certainly the most popular of all the "Bajun" rum drinks. My friend, Lynn, got the recipe when she spent time on that lovely island visiting relatives.
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 3 ounces barbados rum
- 3 drops Angostura bitters
- 1 dash nutmeg
- crushed ice
- Fill each glass with crushed ice.
- Fill shaker with the simple syrup, lime juice, and rum, and shake until well blended.
- Pour over crushed ice.
- Top each glass with a few drops of angostura bitters and a few grains of nutmeg.
- Sip slowly, preferably oceanside!