Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is one of the best Sweet potato pies I have ever had!!! Tried time and time again and everyone always says how did you learn to bake like that!!!
- 9 inches unbaked pastry shells
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, soften
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored liqueur or 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- peal and cook sweet potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash sweet potatoes with butter.
- add remaining ingredients except pastry shell and eggs.
- Beat until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- stir in eggs.
- pour into prepared pastry shell.
- bake at 350 F for 50-55 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- allow to cool before serving.