Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 40 mins
This is one bread better served cool rather then hot to enhance the pineapple. The macadamia nuts are the real stars here. This bread makes a heavenly piece of toast.
- 1 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut or 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, unsweetened and well drained (save juice to replace part of the water for extra flavor if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (quartered)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Load ingredients into machine in order given.
- Bake with the regular or rapid bake cycles.
The nuts really make this bread special. Had it for breakfast, and the toast is yummy! Made it according to the recipe, but forgot to put in the cinnamon - it was excellent anyway!