Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Diabetic cookbook. Dietary exchanges are 2 starch. I can see this being really good using other kinds of yogurt, like raspberry or strawberry!
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) containers nonfat sugar-free lime yogurt
- lime slice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 17x11 1/4x1 inch jelly-roll pans with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
- Prepare angel food cake mix according to package directions. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Draw knife through batter to remove large air bubbles.
- Bake 12 minutes or until cakes are lightly browned and toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Invert each cake onto separate clean towel. Starting at short end, roll up warm cake, jelly-roll fashion, with towel inside. Cook cakes completely.
- Place 1 to 2 drops green food coloring in each container of yogurt, if desired. Stir well.
- Unroll cakes; remove towels. Spread each cake with 1 container yogurt, leaving 1 inch border. Roll up cakes; place seam side down. Slice each cake roll into 8 pieces.
- Garnish with lime slices, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate.