Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I LOVE anything Lemon -and when I ran across this delightful bundt-I couldn't resist keeping it here! Found in FIRST magazine! ** time does not include cooling time
- 1⁄3 cup lemon curd, prepared like Robertson's brand (YUMMY)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 (16 1/4 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant lemon pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil (I usually prefer canola, so go with what you like)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 16 ounces cream cheese frosting (like Duncan Hines)
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 pints raspberries
- Heat oven to 350* F.
- In a bowl,whisk together lemon curd, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp lemon zest, and 1 cup of water.
- In bowl of mixer on low speed, beat curd mixture and next 5 ingredients for 30 seconds; scrape bowl then blend on medium speed for 2 more minutes.
- Pour into Bundt pan coated with flour based cooking spray.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool on rack set over foil lined baking sheet; remove from pan.
- Microwave cream cheese frosting (lid and foil removed) for 30 seconds or until pourable, stirring once.
- Pour over cake to coat.
- Press pistachios onto side of cake around base and top with raspberries.
- Add lemon slices (quarters) to the border with a pistachio nut in the center as decoration, if desired -- edible flowers add to the top nicely too when available.
- Enjoy! Your guests will! ;).
I LOVE THIS CAKE! All those lemony ingredients, along with the poppy seed (not to mention the nuts & berries!) make this AN OUTSTANDING DESSERT! I made it just for 2 of us then my other half took much of it to work, but another time I'm making it either for guests or to keep right here! A real winner of a recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #21]