Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Eat cold or hot; something different from the usual sandwiches for lunch.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped medium
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced and sauted
- salt & pepper
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Set aside.
- Add the dill, salt and pepper and flour to the cheese and mix completely.
- Saute the mushrooms until the give up all their liquid.
- Spray the sides and bottom of an 8" square casserole or cake pan with vegetable spray.
- Add the mushrooms and Krab to the bottom of the pan, distributing evenly.
- Add the cheese mixture.
- Carefully pour the milk and eggs into the dish.
- Bake at 375F for 50 - 60 minutes. Use an instant read thermometer and remove from oven when dish reaches 170F degrees.
I was torn whether to give this 3 or 4 stars. The flavor was really good, but it needs some modifications. It may have just been the brand of fake crab that I bought, but it got soft as it cooked which gave the quiche a mushy texture. I will try it again with 6 eggs and 1 1/2 cups milk and real crab meat. Maybe that will give it a firmer, more enjoyable texture.