Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fantastic Lunch Muffin, it is very moist and healthy. Perfect for lunch on the go!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (more, if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 zucchini, finely grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- **I usually buy an entire bundle of bananas and because not all of them get eaten right away, once they ripen, I put them in the freezer until ready for use. I usually take them out a few hours prior to using in a recipe. Works well for banana bread too.
- Preheat the oven to 375º. Prepare muffin pan with 12 cup liners.
- Whisk together spelt, barley, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place the bananas, blackstrap molasses, apple juice, and apple cider vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then fold in the zucchini, walnuts, and raisins. (If necessary, use an extra 1-2 tablespoons of apple juice to wet all of the flour).
- Divide mixture evenly into the 12 lined muffin cups, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the top springs back to the touch. Remove muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze in individual freezer bags to pull out and put into lunches as needed.