Recipe by Upsidedown Again
These are what the school cafeteria used to call enchiladas. I loved them as a kid, but when I started cooking, I could never figure out what sauce they used for them. It took years, but I found out the secret sauce: spaghetti sauce! They're nothing like enchiladas, but they're still good. I've included instructions for lower fat, but don't be fooled. These enchiladas are definately not a diet food.
Top Review by Eyemadreamer
not too bad! they are a different element of enchiladas!! i added some green chiles into the saucde to add a mexican-y flavor.. my hubby said it was good just very different.
- 1 lb ground beef (or 1/2 lb ground beef and 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground beef and drain. For lower fat enchiladas, add the rice or broccoli to the meat and heat through. At the same time, heat the spaghetti sauce.
- Roll the ground beef in the tortillas and pour sauce over the top.
- Keep the enchiladas warm in the oven until right before you serve them (they get cold fast). Sprinkle the cheese on as you serve them.