Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Real Age Eating Well plan. These muffins are extremely healthy. They get their name because the ingredients are known to make you sleepy. "They are practically an edible lullabye." Eat these as a healthy snack before bed, especially if you have trouble sleeping.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour (make sure it’s whole-wheat pastry flour or you’ll produce golf balls, not muffins), salt, and baking powder.
- In a blender, puree the bananas; add the applesauce, honey, and milk. Blend well.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups and pour in batter. Bake 30 minutes or until tops are lightly brown and slightly springy.
- Makes 12 low-fat muffins.