Recipe by sexymommalucas
This recipe comes from Panera Bread. When I met my husband, he shared with me a New Year's tradition in his house. To eat 12 grapes at midnight — one for every chime of the clock — to bring good luck in the 12 months to come. To add good luck to your New Year's buffet, serve these open-faced sandwiches, featuring chicken and 12 grapes.
- 4 slices honey-wheat bread
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup blanched and sliced almonds, plus
- 4 tablespoons blanched almonds, for sprinkling
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 48 red grapes, each cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred rotisserie chicken by pulling the meat away from the skin and bones. Slice celery thinly, chop tarragon and cut red grapes in half.
- Mix the chicken, celery, almonds, mayonnaise, lemon juice and tarragon together.
- Spread generously onto the slices of bread.
- Top each slice with 24 grape halves. Sprinkle with more almonds if desired.