Recipe by mollypaul
Lovely moist fish for fans of cafeteria cuisine.
Top Review by Mama Wendy
I liked this recipe. I loved Luby's fish - don't live near one anymore. I would love to come up with a way to crisp the outer part of the mayo. I agree it is flavorful. I use much less mayo and half-fat mayo, the kind made with olive oil. Thank you.
- 8 (6 ounce) skinless white fish fillets (cod, haddock, or other fish fillets)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups mayonnaise
- lemon pepper seasoning
- dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat fish with flour, shaking off excess.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over fish.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper and parsley.
- Place in baking pan large enough to hold in a single layer.
- Carefully pour water around fish to 1/8 inch depth, without wetting the toppings.
- Bake approximately twenty minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork and top is light golden brown.