Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Surprisingly delicious recipe adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe. I bake a ham now and then and this is a great way to use some leftovers. Very creamy and sinful tasting. The cottage cheese sounded weird to me, but honestly my whole family loves this. My husband even takes a slice cold for breakfast. You can also make it with a bag of spinach instead of the ham.
- 1⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (can substitute any other sharp cheese)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 store bought 9 inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Take out pie crust if frozen. Then in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the milk, cottage cheese, eggs, egg whites, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Put the pie pan on a jelly roll pan or baking sheet. Spread the ham around the pie crust and then pour the egg mixture inches Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 20 more minutes to set the filling. Let stand for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Enjoy a great meal!