Recipe by Squirrel Gone Wild
See #229625. I adapted this for high altitude (we are at 9000ft) and to reduce the fat. This got rave reviews at my house!
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 pinch salt (full pinch if using unsalted butter)
- 1 extra large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave 1 minute at high. If needed, add 30 seconds at a time until center is set. It will billow up in the bowl - that's ok!
- Let bowl cool 1 minute, then turn onto cooling rack. Let cool completely. Slice like a burger bun for two slices of bread or one sandwich bun.