1/2 Photos of Low-Fat Whole Wheat Cranberry Raspberry Apple Loaf
1 hr 25 mins
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
Mmmm, this is a yummy, chewy, flavor-loaded loaf what has many health benefits! It has a mix of sweet and sour fruit flavours and the deep, intense molasses undertone. Yum Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/8 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine (like becel original)
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 medium apple, cored and grated (loosely drain extra juices)
- 1/3 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup raspberries, Thawed if frozen (DRAIN JUICES)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional) or 1/4 cup pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat your oven to 375°F, and spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, sift ww flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together egg substitute, molasses, brown sugar, margarine, applesauce, yogurt, grated apple and lemon zest until combined.
- 4Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture, stirring just until moistened, then gently fold in cranberries and raspberries (and optional nuts). Batter will be very thick.
- 5Spread batter into prepared loaf pan (big one!) and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 6Cover and refrigerate to bring out the flavors.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Whole Wheat Cranberry Raspberry Apple Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 264.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g