Recipe by ChipotleChick
A hearty, filling lowfat pasta dish from Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook. Very satisfying with a light salad and bread. I'm sure that the lowfat cheeses could tastily be replaced by regular varieties for those of you that don't have to worry about fat content!
- 8 uncooked manicotti
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 11x7 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook manicotti shells as directed on package.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Cook carrot, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, and onion in oil.
- Stir frequently, until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except mozzarella.
- Fill manicotti shells with the mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.