LOW fat as can be! Tasty, delicious...simply YUMMY! Inspired always be the internet? How long til someone reviews? Shall we make a bet?
- COMBINE onions, celery, broth, pepper and peeled and diced potatoes into large saucepan.
- BOIL then cover and SIMMER for 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of milk and cornstarch until smooth.
- COMBINE into above mixture.
- ADD remaining milk and BOIL.
- STIR constantly for about 3 minutes until thick.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in cheese.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly before putting it in a blender to make smooth.
- If necessary, reheat via stovetop or microwave 2 minutes until hot.
- TOP with chopped chives or allspice/nutmeg.
- NOTE: Amount if pepper is personal taste.
- NOTE: I mixed a tsp of a chilli recipe from the Golden Door Retreat into it (is fantastic for losing weight and tasty too; 300 grams of chilli peppers (all of it), 2 tbsp apple cider, 2 tsp tamari --- is HOT :).
Nice made mine lumpy with turkey sausage sooooooo good!:)
Just what I was looking for! Excellent..thanks!
Chives Tag 5/10: Delcious, simple and all ingredients on hand. Can't get better than this! Thank you for sharing it!