Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Inspired by a magazine recently, This recipe describes my personality! Unique, very different, interesting, TRUE! I hope you do a review of this! I DO!
- 200 g falafel
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 250 g beetroots
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 1 tablespoon mint
- flour tortilla
- cooking spray
- Combine packet falafel mix and water; Allow to settle for about 25 minutes.
- Finely chop orange, beetroot and mint in a bowl (**Helpful Hint - can place Glad Wrap on a cutting board to cut beetroot - if light lift knife to chop, the glad wrap doesn't break and you have a clean cutting board; do NOT worry if glad wrap slightly rips).
- Combine orange rind, orange juice and hummus in another bowl.
- With WET hands, shape falafel mixture into patties (should make between 10 and 12).
- Lightly oil oven tray and cook for 5 minutes at 240°C (NOTE: Also spray tops of felafel balls).
- Turn after 5 minutes and cook for additional 5 minutes (Should be lightly browned).
- In microwave, heat tortilla wrap for 20 seconds (depending on your microwave).
- Spread 2 tablespoons hummus mixture, rocket (Can use any type of lettuce) 1 - 2 tablespoons beetroot mixture), 2 falafel balls and fold bottom flap of tortilla up, 1/4 turn tortilla and roll.
- Hope you like these as much as I do!