Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great low calorie, healthy side dish. You would never think to pair these items but they are delicious together. Plus they are good for you!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine oil, (you can use vegetable oil) ground ginger, salt, and paper. Mix throughly.
- Peel sweet potato, cut in half long ways, then cut into 1/2 inch wide sections.
- Peel onion, cut in half, and cut into quarters.
- Put sweet potatoes, and onions into baking dish, and pour oil/ginger/s+p mixture over top. Gently toss to coat the veggies.
- Bake at 425 for approx 30-35 minutes, turning half way through. Potatoes and onions should be slightly browned, and soft.
We ate this as the main dish and it was delicious! Loved the ginger added into the dish. Thanks!
I absolutely love sweet potatoes, & your recipe gives me a wonderful new way to serve 'em as a regular side dish! Definitely a keeper of a recipe that I'll be making again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]