I have posted the origional Recipe for Johnny Carino's Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia, which we love. But, if you look at the fat content, it's pretty frightful. I came up with a lower fat, healthier version so I can have my fish and eat it too.
- 2 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped & de-stemmed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 2 ounces half-and-half
- 2 ounces milk
- 5 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 cup roma tomato, diced
low-fat lemon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- Cream all of the ingredients for the Lemon Butter together.
- Dredge the tilapia filets in the flour, and add them with the olive oil and garlic to a medium temperature sauté pan.
- Once the tilapia has finished cooking on one side, flip them over and add the jalapenos, spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Prepare the angel hair in boiling water, and allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes depending on the temperature of the water.
- As the filets begin to flake, add the heavy cream, and bring it to a slight boil.
- Once the cream begins to boil, remove the pan from the fire and reduce the lemon butter into the sauce.
- Place the pasta in a bowl, and pour the fish with the sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with fresh roma tomatoes and parsley.